Little River Tenancy in Common
Port Angeles, Washington, United States
- Last updated: October 8, 2017 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: January 18, 2010
We are currently 6 families living on 132 acres of forested land, on the Olympic Peninsula. We founded the Tenancy in 1974, and have since granted an easement that made our property a part of our local land trust. We each live in our own homes, have both individual and shared gardens, woodlands, orchard and tiny vineyard, and we share some equipment. We see ourselves as stewards of our land, taking care of it while it takes care of us. We live next door to Olympic National Park, and the Little River runs through our property.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1974
- Start Living Together: 1976
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Not currently, but there is a list or possibly in the future
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Contact Name: Little River Tenancy in Common
- Phone: 360 670 7415
- Community Address:
1996 Little River Rd.
Port Angeles, Washington, 98363
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Programs & Activities: Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
One work day per month, and other various tasks as needed
Members need to buy a share of the TIC.
There are monthly dues.
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 26-49%
- Energy sources: Hydro-Electric, Geothermal, Clean Energy from the Grid
- Planned renewable energy generation: 26-49%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Garden(s), Outbuilding(s)
- Internet Available: Yes, individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: No, it is slow.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 1-3 times per month
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
co-op, forestry, families, sustainable