Hummingbird Transformational Living Center
Cleveland, New Mexico, United States
- Last updated: June 2, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: December 8, 2004
A family of pioneering souls whose vision is to cultivate a joyful, vibrant, co-creative culture in service to the evolution of consciousness.
As social pioneers, we share a commitment to the principles and practices of co-creation. Since founding Hummingbird in 1996, we have grown into a diverse group of 22 deeply connected core members who support one another in fulfilling each of our souls’ purpose.
Hummingbird Community is one of four primary aspects of our overarching organization, the Hummingbird Center for a Co-Creative World (www.hummingbirdcenterforacocreativeworld.com):
– Global Family
An international network of individuals and groups who choose to experience themselves as members of one human family and who desire to actualize their life purpose through joining with others in compassionate action for the benefit of all.
– Hummingbird Community
As social pioneers, our Community is dedicated to the practices and principles of co-creation in service to the evolution of consciousness. We honor diverse spiritual traditions, and are committed to personal and planetary transformation.
– Hummingbird Living School
The educational programs of HBLS are designed to give people the understanding, information and skills necessary to be a leader in the pioneering adventure of bringing forth a profoundly healthy and loving world.
– Hummingbird WellNest
A premier wellness center for those who desire a renewed sense of wellbeing and balance. We value personal relationships, emotions, beliefs, meanings and the connections these have to the body, mind, spirit and all of humanity.
We invite others to join us in our living laboratory of discovery where Source and Nature guide us to co-create a new world.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1986
- Start Living Together: 1996
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.hummingbirdtlc.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hummingbirdcommunity?fref=ts&ref=br_tf
- Contact Name: BJ Peck
- Mailing Address:
PO Box 11
Cleveland, New Mexico, 87715
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property), Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling), Spiritual or Religious Community
- Programs & Activities: School, Educational Institute or Experience, Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Small Town or Village
- Decision Making: Aligned Attunement
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Our current leadership group for the long term welfare of the community is the circle of Stewards (full members), from which we delegate specific responsibility to a variety of empowered teams. The Plenary, which also includes non-steward community members, makes decisions about the daily life of the community.
We use a process we call Attuned Alignment, a kind of spiritualized consensus in which we attune to the highest good for the community in which individuals soften their attachment to their personal views and allow for a higher recognition of the good of the whole which also includes the good of each individual
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Each of us does what we can when another community member is in need. We are currently exploring our transition to a new economic paradigm.
We are a growing community with far more needs for work to be done than people here to do it. Rather than defining specific work requirements, we co-create with each person what their work and contribution will be. Work involves physical labor, project teams, and administrative support. Stewards, as full members, have committed to be fully engaged in the community and to do what each feels is their highest contribution to the community.
Our fees are listed on our website. These are the current guidelines based on the fact that we do have financial responsibilities as a community. Everyone is welcome to explore possibilities with us. We are flexible and at the same time we all take responsibility for the financial needs of the whole.
Every member holds the responsibility for the expenses of the community, and each contributes according to their capability, financially and/or creative participation in solutions.
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Current renewable energy generation: 50-75%
- Energy sources: Solar, Wind
- Planned renewable energy generation: Almost All, around 90%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: From 50-75%
- Food produced locally: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Vehicle Share, Library, Workshop, Large Scale Kitchen, Tractor & Farm Equipment, Stage or Auditorium, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 1-3 times per month
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Paleo (no grains, dairy, processed foods, or legumes), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Vegetarian Only (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegetarian, Mostly Vegetarian, Vegan Only (plants only, no animal products) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegan., Mostly Vegan, Opportunivore (dumpster diving, nature harvesting, etc.), Raw or Mostly Raw, Kosher, Halal, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Our goal is to grow our own food using biodynamic and permaculture methods. Currently we have a large biodynamic garden and a 42′ growing dome (Dancing Colors) in one location and an additional large garden (Eden) in another location.
We are all health conscious and eat organic where possible. A few are vegetarians.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs)
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Public Schooling, Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Global Ecovillage Network (GEN), Barbara Marx Hubbard, Foundation for Conscious Evolution, The Shift Network, Earth Guardians, The Source for Creating Sacredness
Auroville, Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage