Highline Crossing Cohousing Community
Littleton, Colorado, United States
- Last updated: December 29, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: December 31, 1999
Learning to live cooperatively
20+ years have given us time for the trees to grow and for us to grow some of our own traditions. We have put our own spin on an eclectic mix of holiday and celebratory events like our annual OktoberFest, St. Patrick’s Day, and Christmas Eve dinners, our annual Art & Talent Show, and more. Regular events include community meals or potlucks, workdays throughout the year, and of course, community and team meetings!
We are devoted to the principles of participation, shared decision-making, and the development of respectful relationships with our neighbors. We are also dedicated to sustainability – environmental and human. Highline Crossing combines some of the best features of urban living with an old-fashioned sense of neighborhood
Amenities include a community garden with individual garden plots, common gathering areas, and guest quarters in the Common House.
Highline Crossing also offers immediate access to the Highline Canal Trail system (over 70 miles of foot/bike/horse trails, just across a footbridge). There is a wide variety of cultural and sporting activities locally. The community is less than a mile from the light-rail system with easy access to downtown Denver.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1991
- Start Living Together: 1995
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.highlinecrossing.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighlineCrossing/
- Phone: 303-347-8351
- Community Address:
1620 W. Canal Court
Littleton, Colorado, 80120
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Location: Suburban
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Additional Comments:
Legal structure is home owners association
Participate in workdays throughout the year.
home owners fees
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Food produced locally: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Library, Swingsets & play areas, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 1-3 times per month
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices)
- Education Style(s): Private School off the property, Public Schooling, Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual