Heartland Cohousing Community
Seymour, Missouri, United States
- Last updated: December 27, 2017 (1 second ago)
- Listing created on: December 22, 2017
Personal & Spiritual Growth; Celebrating Life: Supporting each other in that process
We presently live in seperate locations, those locally gather every other Wednsday for dinner, sharing information, what we are doing then read aloud from David R Hawkins last book ‘Letting Go’ & discuss.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2015
- Start Living Together: 2019
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://goheartland.com
- Contact Name: Joel Randall
- Phone: 417-343-6354
- Community Address:
PO Box 402
Seymour, Missouri, 65746
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property), Unspecified, or Other
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Join Fee: $200
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $750
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes (some debt)
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 0%, or close to 0%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: Between 26-49%
- Food produced locally: 0%, or close to 0%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Vehicle Share, Library, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Hot tub or hot springs, Large Scale Kitchen, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 1-3 times per month
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Alcohol Use: No, this community does not permit alcohol use.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Additional Diet Comments:
When Community Building is available for use residents plan to eat together for all three meals
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs), Christian, Buddhist, Sufi, Native American, Unitarian Universalist, Paganism or Earth Religions, Mixed Eastern Philosophy or Practice
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Expected Healthcare Practices:
Members need to be evolved to where they take responsibility for their own health, hense our requirement of no alcohol or drugs
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)
Spiritual, Healing & Recovery, Growth, Celebrating, Healthy living, Addiction Free