Great Oak Cohousing
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
- Last updated: November 27, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: October 4, 2004
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2001
- Start Living Together: 2003
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.gocoho.org/
- Contact Name: Great Oak Cohousing
- Phone: 734-330-2440
- Community Address:
500 Little Lake Dr
Ann Arbor, Michigan, 48103
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Location: Suburban
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $300
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 3
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Energy sources: Solar
- Planned renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: Up to 25%
- Food produced locally: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Vehicle Share, Library, Workshop, Large Scale Kitchen, Fire pit, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), Vegetarian Only (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Community meals are provided 3 to 4 nights a week.
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Private Schooling at the Community, Private School off the property, Public Schooling, Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Coho/US