Duncan, British Columbia, Canada
- Last updated: January 3, 2019 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: March 2, 2016
It is our endeavour to create an environment in which those who are in need of special care, and those who provide it, can relate to each other as companions, rather than as professionals and clients. Thus we make room for creativity and personal fulfilment in the context of each individual’s privacy and spiritual freedom. In the way we live together, in the way we care for the land and in the things we make, we intend to uphold the ideals of Camphill, in which each contributes what he or she is able to, and receives in turn what he or she needs.
Glenora Farm is owned and operated by the Ita Wegman Association of British Columbia for Curative Education and Social Therapy, a non-profit organization and a registered charity with the Canada Revenue Agency. We are one of two Camphill communities in Western Canada and a member of the Camphill Association of North America.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1993
- Start Living Together: 1993
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.glenorafarm.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/glenorafarm
- Contact Name: Lucinde Metcalfe
- Phone: (250) 715-1559
- Community Address:
4766 Waters Road
Duncan, British Columbia, V9L 6S9
- Type(s): Commune (organized around sharing almost everything), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property), Spiritual or Religious Community
- Programs & Activities: Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: All or close to all
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: No
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Vehicle Share, Library, Workshop, Outbuilding(s)
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for some people.
- Shared meals: Approximately all meals
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Paleo (no grains, dairy, processed foods, or legumes), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Mostly Vegetarian, Mostly Vegan, Raw or Mostly Raw, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: No, this community does not permit alcohol use.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used occasionally.
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
Camphill Association of North America (CANA)
Camphill, Social Therapy, intentional community, organic agriculture, biodynamics