East Lansing, Michigan, United States
- Last updated: January 9, 2019 (1 second ago)
- Listing created on: December 31, 1999
Bowie House is one big family! We are all pretty good friends, and we always try to accommodate for each other’s needs so that everyone feels comfortable in their home. Each Bowian is unique, with different majors from STEM to the arts, and different interests from cooking to sports. We love to play video games, watch movies, and have dance parties together. We are a cleaner house and try to (nicely!) hold each other accountable for cleaning up after ourselves. We very strongly value consent at Bowie, and make consent (in all areas of life) a house norm. With Sunday – Thursday dinners, 20 parking spots, all singles, and wonderful people, Bowie House is where you will make great memories and become part of a new family!
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1971
- Start Living Together: 1971
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://msu.coop/
- Contact Name: Nola Warner
- Phone: 517-337-3236
- Community Address:
711 W Grand River Ave
East Lansing, Michigan, 48823-4207
- Type(s): Student Housing or Student Co-Op
- Programs & Activities: School, Educational Institute or Experience, Organization, Resource, or Network, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Urban
- Decision Making: Voting (majority or super-majority rule)
- Identified Leader: Yes, multiple identified leaders
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Join Fee: $405
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 2
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Common Facilities: Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Education Style(s): Public Schooling
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
Michigan State University Student Housing Corporation, East Lansing Food Co-op
Bower House, Ferency House, MSU Student Housing Cooperative, New Community Cooperative, Vesta Co-op