Tasmate, Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu
- Last updated: March 13, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: February 1, 2013
Edenhope is a space for living in harmony with the rhythms of nature.
Our way of life is simple.
This is a place to come home to the stillness of being.
A sense of integrity and inner responsiveness to the needs of others is key in such a space, and essential to maintaining a sense of peace and harmony.
Nestled in the upper reaches of the Palapa River on the pristine West Coast of Espiritu Santo, is the magical location of the spiritual commune EdenHope. In 800 Hectares of lush green valley and mountain ranges, lives a vibrant community of visionaries, artists and contemplatives, gardeners and plant healers, fruitarians, mystics and indigenous peoples.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2003
- Start Living Together: 2012
- Visitors accepted: Yes, rarely
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.edenhope.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014009050340
- Contact Name: Ruth, Devi or Maitri
- Phone: +64 9 972-0351
- Mailing Address:
near Tasmate, West Coast Santo
P.O. Box 504
Tasmate, Espiritu Santo, n/a
- Type(s): Commune (organized around sharing almost everything), Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property), Spiritual or Religious Community
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 25
- Open to members with existing debt: No
- Energy Infrastructure: We are totally off grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 100%
- Energy sources: Solar
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: From 50-75%
- Planned food produced: 100%
- Food produced locally: 100%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Vehicle Share, Library, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Swimming pond or pool, Outdoor Kitchen, Large Scale Kitchen, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas, Waterfront access, Internet, Tropical jungle
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: No, it is slow.
- Shared meals: Approximately all meals
- Dietary Practice: Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Vegetarian Only (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegetarian, Mostly Vegetarian, Vegan Only (plants only, no animal products) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegan., Mostly Vegan, Opportunivore (dumpster diving, nature harvesting, etc.), Raw or Mostly Raw
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Somewhat – there are some dietary restrictions or customs.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: No, this community does not permit alcohol use.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Additional Diet Comments:
We follow a diet according to the principles of ahimsa (peace and compassion)
We do not consume coffee or other caffeinated drinks/foods. If any raw chocolate only on special occasions.
Anyone who would like to visit is encouraged to be comfortable with a mostly raw diet
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs)
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Private Schooling at the Community
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Global Ecovillage Network (GEN), GENOA
East of Eden