Earthworks Eco Villages
- Last updated: June 26, 2017 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: April 11, 2017
Creating Communities Based On Sustainable and Healthy Living
Earthworks Eco Villages is a professional incubation and design service providing project planning, design and development for intentional communities through a development system that integrates the social, ecological and economic needs of the community. We have designed wide variety of intentional communities over the last 30 years.
We dream of living in a world created by conscious decisions that will lead us to a point where the human footprint has a positive impact and actually restores natural systems. If you have ever wanted to be part of a community that is doing it the right way and dealing with our social, economic and environmental issues in an enlightened manner then you might want to explore the Earthworks Eco Village project.
A vision behind Earthworks integrates the best practices for sustainable and healthy living. By making eco enterprise development, eco education and natural health a central focus, Earthworks also hopes to sow the healthy seeds for many more sustainable communities.
The Earthworks communities are also being designed to also provide for the long term energy and food security for our families and our community in changing times.
Earthwalk Eco Education Center is sponsoring and facilitating the creation of t Earthworks designed eco communities in Canada.
We are always looking for a canvas upon which we can mindfully create a truly sustainable communities. Communities where you can enjoy not only the real possibility of food and energy security but a very healthy and inspiring environment as well.
Earthworks Eco Villages not only provide us with a wonderful place to live but a place to learn, a place to create, a place to work and a place to play all in the context of the ecological principals of our natural world.
EARTHWORKS ECO VILLAGES are being designed using sustainable development principles to be examples of optimized ecologically based community living. The site plans apply permaculture principles to provide community resources that work with and are inspired by our natural support systems.
This is a grand opportunity to learn from the past, integrate with the present and create the kind of future that we all want.
There are many ways to participate in Earthworks projects as students, volunteers, consultants, eco businesses, suppliers, sponsors, and as community members. So if creating a sustainable future is of interest to you then please explore how you can participate in the Earthworks projects.
Visit earthworksecovillage.com to see examples of intentional communities we have been designing for over 30 years.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1998
- Start Living Together: 2004
- Visitors accepted: Yes, rarely
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.earthworksecovillage.com
- Business, Project, or Organization: http://www.earthworksecovillage.com/ecoliving.html
- Contact Name: G. McPherson
- Phone: (888) 844-3444 (ext. 5)
- Mailing Address:
PO Box 93
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability)
- Programs & Activities: Transition Town (post-petroleum and off-grid communities), School, Educational Institute or Experience, Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Ethical Business, Investment Group, or Alternative Currency, Organization, Resource, or Network, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: By a board, council, group of elders, or leadership group
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Join Fee: $0
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Current renewable energy generation: 26-49%
- Energy sources: Solar, Wind, Clean Energy from the Grid
- Planned renewable energy generation: 26-49%
- Current food produced: From 50-75%
- Planned food produced: Almost All, around 90%
- Food produced locally: From 50-75%
- Common Facilities: Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Vehicle Share, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Swimming pond or pool, Outdoor Kitchen, Tractor & Farm Equipment, Stage or Auditorium, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas, Waterfront access, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: Rarely
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Paleo (no grains, dairy, processed foods, or legumes), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Vegetarian Only (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegetarian, Mostly Vegetarian, Vegan Only (plants only, no animal products) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegan., Mostly Vegan, Opportunivore (dumpster diving, nature harvesting, etc.), Raw or Mostly Raw, Kosher, Halal, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
We have workshops featuring different types of healthy diets.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices)
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Public Schooling, Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
Ecovillage Network of the Americas, Earthwalk Sustainable Living Centre, Sustainable Living Magazine
Gaia University, Earthwalk Sustainable Living Centre
eco village, sustainbility, sustainable, intentional community, eco education,permaculture, green,