Cerro Gordo Community
Cottage Grove, Oregon, United States
- Last updated: February 28, 2017 (2 months ago)
- Listing created on: December 31, 1999
We seek to live together in harmony with the land and one another. As stewards of this land, and members of our Cerro Gordo Cooperative, we share responsibility for fostering a community which is both life-enhancing and creates healthy, nurturing relationships with our natural surroundings.
Note: if you contact us by phone, you reach one person here; if you contact us by email, you reach a different person here.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1970
- Start Living Together: 1974
- Visitors accepted: Yes, rarely
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Phone: 541-942-2049
- Community Address:
PO Box 164
Cottage Grove, Oregon, 97424
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability)
- Programs & Activities: Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Voting (majority or super-majority rule)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Join Fee: $500
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $17
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: No
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Current renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Energy sources: Solar, Biomass, Clean Energy from the Grid
- Planned renewable energy generation: 50-75%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: Between 26-49%
- Food produced locally: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Hiking Trails
- Internet Available: Yes, individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for some people.
- Shared meals: Rarely
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), Mostly Vegetarian, Mostly Vegan
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Additional Diet Comments:
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Not a particularly spiritual or religious community, Agnostic, Humanist
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)
ecovillage, permaculture, ecology