Bull City Commons
Durham, North Carolina, United States
- Last updated: August 13, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: July 28, 2018
Our community supports:
· Private homes as well as shared spaces.
· Sharing resources, limiting each household’s need to own everything.
· Caring for one another with kindness, ease, and intention instead of obligation.
· Health and well-being, joy, playfulness, and relaxation.
· Connection to each other, our neighborhood, and the larger community.
Bull City Commons is a diverse urban community guided by kindness, respect, and mutual support. Together we are creating an oasis that supports individual and community well-being.
Our community is in central Durham, within close walking distance to amenities, entertainment, and mass transit.
Our indoor spaces are open and airy, incorporate natural and artfully-crafted materials, and blend with our outdoor areas. Our community includes spaces that support privacy, group activities, and neighborhood interaction.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2017
- Start Living Together: 2020
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: https://www.bullcitycommons.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BCCCohousing/
- Community Address:
608/610 Trent Drive
Durham, North Carolina, 27705
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Programs & Activities: Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association
- Location: Urban
- Decision Making: Sociocracy
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes (some debt)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used often.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
Cohousing, urban, diverse, inclusive