Below is a list of COVID-19 response guides compiled by the Foundation for Intentional Community from other online sources and organizations. These resources are geared towards communities the community-minded individual. We’ll keep updating it regularly during the coming weeks.
Got good advice? Send your links our way! Contact us.
- Coronavirus Health Guidelines for Communal Houses – advice from a house community on how to prevent virus the spread.
- COVID19 Emergency Funding Sources – national and regional immediate funding opportunities
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering – a realtime updated map of cases, deaths, and recoveries around the world
- Mutual Aid and Advocacy Resources – collaborative google doc for mutual aid
- List of Mutual Aid Networks – state by state and online list of aid networks
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – informative videos
- NASCO Recommendations – specific recommendations for communal living spaces
- Resources for Online Meetings, Classes, and Events – resource created by the Facilitators for Pandemic Response group
- How to Talk about Coronavirus – how to create messaging grounded in inclusion, empowerment, and justice
- Online Course on COVID-19 – curriculum designed to provide resources and information on the pandemic
- Flatten the curve – COVID19 – what you need to know
- Earthaven Ecovillage Pandemic Response Protocol – example of a protocol to support community residents in staying healthy
For those living in intentional communities, especially those with close communal living arrangements, we recommend creating a community action plan. Use the resources available above to plan how you will disinfect communal surfaces, care for those who may become ill, and protect those most vulnerable. Also consider… how can your community do even more to support the wider region of communities where you live?