Seeking new community member at our eco-village on Bainbridge Island
- Communities with Openings
- Bainbridge Island, Washington
We are a vibrant, multi-generational community creating a life together at Sacred Groves, a small eco-village on the traditional lands of the Suquamish People, Bainbridge Island, WA. Bainbridge Island is a half-hour ferry ride from downtown Seattle. Currently there are 8 of us living on the land. We are calling in 3-5 new folks to share life with us in this beautiful place.
Our community consists of several small free-standing structures centered around our main community house, a 34’ timber frame yurt where kitchen, bathrooms, laundry, two bedrooms and our large common living room are located. We sometimes host rituals, music, celebrations and other sweet gatherings open to the public in this space. We have a garden and tend to chickens, ducks and cats. Most of our 10 acres is heavily forested with foot-paths, left intentionally wild as a forest sanctuary for personal prayer and quiet time in the natural world.
These are rental spaces. See our directory listing for more information on how the land is owned and details of that nature.
We value authentic, compassionate communication, healthy boundaries, reverence for the earth and all its beings, and simple living.
About you: We are looking for those who are excited about being engaged with the others in our little village, who are committed to their own personal growth, who believe “small is beautiful” when it comes to personal space, who are comfortable in a rural setting dealing with insects and rodents, who want to get their hands in the dirt and have the grit necessary for country living. Also: folks with a deep reverence for nature and are supportive of gatherings and rituals that honor Gaia. And YES to … fun, playfulness, flexibility and an easy-going nature!
Before reaching out, please read this ad in full as well as our directory listing. Directory listing can be viewed here: https://www.ic.org/directory/sacred-groves/
- If you are interested in learning more, please contact us via the message button on this page (so all the emails go to the same place).
- When we post for openings, we often receive more inquiries than we are able to respond to, so we will not be able to answer every message. Thanks for understanding.
- Please take some time to introduce yourself when you contact us. A paragraph or two would be lovely. If it seems you might be a good fit, we will send more info and an application. Things you could address in your message: why you are interested, what you do with your time (hobbies, work, etc), interests, and what you think you might be able to bring to this community. And please, feel free to ask any questions you might have.
Our process for onboarding new members goes as follows:
- If after your initial outreach we send you an application, please fill it out and submit it.
- Current community members will review applications. If it feels like a potential fit, one of us will schedule an informal phone chat to get to know you better and give you a chance to ask questions.
- If all continues to feel like a good match, we will schedule a time for you to come meet us and visit the land.
- After your visit, current residents will meet and come to consensus about whether we feel it is a good fit.
- Once approved, you sign a rental agreement, pay a deposit and monthly rent for your private structure. The agreement includes shared-use of the kitchen, bathrooms and great room.