Last updated: February 23, 2016 (3 months ago)
Listing created on: January 24, 2005
Whole Village Ecovillage
(Caledon, Ontario, Canada)
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1995
- Start Living Together: 1996
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community.
- Website address: http://www.wholevillage.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/6413163738/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/intent/follow?original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wholevillage.org%2F&screen_name=WholeVillageEco&tw_p=followbutton
- Contact Name: Whole Village
- Phone: 519-941-1099
- Community Address:
20725 Shaws Creek Rd
Caledon, Ontario, L7K 1L7
We are a community with a commitment to sustainability and land stewardship seeking to live together in harmony with each other and with the natural habitat
We are an ecologically sustainable and environmentally sensitive community. We protect and enhance the natural habitat through a system of land stewardship embracing the unique geographical, historical, cultural, and biological attributes of the land.
Whole Village is intended to be a solution for two difficult problems: the steady loss of farmland to urbanization and the devastating effects of low commodity prices on farmers and the rural communities that they belong to. Through a comprehensive conservation easement, all of the WV property, except for the compact housing cluster, is preserved for 999 years as farmland, managed forest, or natural areas.