Last updated: July 19, 2015 (1 month ago)
Listing created on: January 24, 2005
Whole Village Ecovillage
(Caledon, Ontario, Canada)
- Status: Established
- Formed: 1995 Established: 1996
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Website address: http://www.wholevillage.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/6413163738/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/intent/follow?original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wholevillage.org%2F&screen_name=WholeVillageEco&tw_p=followbutton
- Contact Name: Whole Village
- Phone: 519-941-1099
20725 Shaws Creek Rd
Caledon, Ontario, L7K 1L7
Visitors accepted: Yes
Please call or email at least one week in advance of your intended visit. No pets please.
Open to new Members: Yes
Biodynamic Farm Ecovillage
We are an ecologically sustainable and environmentally sensitive community. We protect and enhance the natural habitat through a system of land stewardship embracing the unique geographical, historical, cultural, and biological attributes of the land.
Whole Village is intended to be a solution for two difficult problems: the steady loss of farmland to urbanization and the devastating effects of low commodity prices on farmers and the rural communities that they belong to. Through a comprehensive conservation easement, all of the WV property, except for the compact housing cluster, is preserved for 999 years as farmland, managed forest, or natural areas.