Better In Belize Eco Village
Benque Viejo Del Carmen, Cayo District, Belize
- Last updated: June 20, 2017 (3 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: August 23, 2010
The Eco-Eden Known as Better In Belize is an eco-village development, situated on 130 acres of pristine, private land on the Macal Waterway in the Western Cayo District of Belize, approximately 10.5 miles southeast of Benque Viejo del Carmen on Mollejon Road.
Our 130 acres eco-community is nestled in the lush tropical rainforest of Western Belize. Located just off the banks of the spectacular Macal River and the Mayan Mountains, our eco-community offers the best of nature right in your very own backyard.
“Better in Belize”, the name says it all… picture yourself waking up each day to the breathtaking scenes, scents and sound of this tropical paradise.
Our lots are generously sized and affordable, with prices starting as low as US $21,000. Lot sizes vary, but average 1/2 acre. Prices are based on size, view and lot features – Hill Top, View, Rainforest, Ridge View, Mayan Circle and Waterfront.
Your own private rainforest hideaway beckons from one of the world’s most beautiful locations – Cayo, Belize. Expand your world. Cayo’s wildlife and lush rainforest, world famous as a mecca for eco-tourism, creates an incredible backdrop for our Better in Belize Eco-Community.
Better In Belize offers you an unbelievably affordable opportunity to make your dream come true!
For those seeking an alternative lifestyle, vacation home or investment property, our Belize eco-community provides an opportunity to own property at a fraction of what you would pay in most Caribbean locations. Ownership of land is free hold and title is absolute. Want to find out more? We would be pleased to provide you with more information and to answer all your questions so that you can make an informed decision. Reserve your lot in Paradise NOW!
For more information about how you can gain ownership within this idyllic Eco-Community, please contact us at 1-877-836-2756 (toll-free within North America); + (501) 824-0550 or email us at [email protected]
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2009
- Start Living Together: 2010
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.BetterInBelize.com
- Contact Name: Better In Belize Eco-Community
- Phone: 18778362756
- Community Address:
Mile 10.5 Mollejon Road
Benque Viejo Del Carmen, Cayo District, 0000
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability)
- Programs & Activities: Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Voting (majority or super-majority rule)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $92
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: No
- Additional Comments:
Involvement in our Community Organic Gardens is voluntary.
There are HOA fees for common area maintenance such as road maintenance, etc.
- Energy Infrastructure: We are totally off grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 100%
- Energy sources: Solar
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Food produced locally: 100%
- Common Facilities: Garden(s), Waterfront access
- Internet Available: Yes, individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Not good for most people.
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
While we are an omnivorous community, vegetarians, vegans and raw foodists are more than welcome!
Alcohol use is up to the individual.
While we cannot govern individuals’ smoking habits, we are anti-smoking due to health risks, pollution and fire danger.
- Education Style(s): Public Schooling, Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Global Ecovillage Network (GEN)
Better In Belize Eco-Community, Better In Belize
ecovillage, Belize ecovillage, sustainable community in Belize, off-grid living, green building