RNC-5-Year Strategic Plan
RNC:5-Year Strategic Plan
Document from the FIC Regional Networking Committee
The first step in the planning process is to brainstorm what you will see happening over the next 5 years. After we have given ourselves sufficient time (3 weeks) for brainstorming, we will gestalt these elements into 4 – 7 arenas and name each arena (1 week). Next, we will identify what we see as the limiting restraints as a way of bringing realism to our planning (2 weeks). Then we will set realistic goals and specific objectives for each arena to be accomplished over a 5-year period and the objectives for the first year (6 weeks).
Brainstorm of vision elements
- NICA website in conjunction with FIC website, created as model for other regions/networks.
- Identify and recruit networkers to host networking events.
- Create power point presentation on IC’s for showing at conferences, e.g. Bioneers, and regional gatherings.
- Publish networking articles on website, C-mag and FIC Newsletter.
- Utilize FIC wiki for regional networking .
- Collaborate with other organizations for effective regional networking, e.g. CohoUS.
- Create repository of local/regional activities and resources that can be easily accessed.
- Use, evaluate and revise Community Dialogue packet.
- Develop ‘Visions of Utopia” Dialogue packet.
Proposed Vision Arenas and Associated Brainstorm Elements
- Increase FIC regional website accessability and functionality (#1, 5, 7)
- Identify, recruit, train, support and mentor regional networkers (#2, 4)
- Develop effective communication tools and IC resources for networking events and local gatherings (#3, 7, 8, 9)
- Promote FIC and cooperative living through collaboration with allied organizations, e.g. Bioneers, Coho US, NICA (#6)
Limiting Constraints, Challenges, Contradictions Brainstorm
- Low priority, no sense of urgency
- Lack of face to face contact with potential regional networkers limits sense of trust & commitment
- No accountability or consequences to inaction of committee and its members.
- Organizational fears of FIC being inappropriately represented constrains committee’s willingness to act.
- Committee has lost earlier enthusiasm
- Committee convenor ineffective in eliciting/sustaining committee action.
Proposed Strategic Objectives:
- Create a Visions of Utopia dialogue packet and promote its use.
- Prepare an article for C-Mag/Website on local and regional networking.
- Prepare a power point presentation on intentional communities that can be used for presentations in conferences, e.g. Bioneers.
- Submit proposals and do at least 20 presentations at local and regional events over the next 5 years.
- Complete the regionalizing capability of the FIC website using NICA (NW Region) as a prototype and add 4 more over the next 5 years.
- Identify, recruit and train and equip at least 6 local/regional networkers over the next 5 years.