This summarizes the history of the cohousing.org website, documenting various phases of its history based on the memory of a few who were there. Please add additional information as you see fit.
- Version 1: original web presence and static list of communities; later community list management merged with ic.org The domain cohousing.org was registered in 1996 to give the cohousing-L mailing list a permanent email address. Stuart found a way to remap the web pages to www.cohousing.org The domain has been shared by the web pages (maintained by Coho/US when it came along in 1997) and Cohousing-L ever since.
- Who: Stuart Staniford with involvement from Mike Mariner, Fred H Olson, Michael McIntyre
- When: 1994-97
- Version 2: first hired webmaster,
- Who: Bill Germino as webmaster with Michael McIntyre continuing as community list manager
- When: 1998
- Version 3: Revised Look, new hired webmaster
- Who: Susan LaBarre
- When: 1999
- Version 4: Revised Look, new hired webmaster
- Who: Jenise Aminoff
- When: 1999-2000
- Version 5: New Information Architecture, graphic design changes, new hired web team
- Who: Michael McIntyre, Jillian Downey, Elph Morgan (web team) working for Executive Director Zev Paiss followed by Roy O’Shaughnessy
- When: 2000-?
- Version 6: New logo, technology (PHP conversion), Executive Director position eliminated, Comm Team takes on oversight of web site
- Who: Michael McIntyre, Chris Hamilton, Erika Banks
- When: ?-2005
- Version 7: Revised Look, ASP-based content management platform with database
- Who: Neil Planchon, Evangeline Welch, Joanne Smith
- When: 2006-2007
- Version 8: Drupal migration – minimal change in functionality, port version 7 to Drupal CMS with CiviCRM
- When: 2008-