Starting Wednesday, August 16th at 1 pm Eastern, we’ll be hosting monthly webinars, which members can participate in live. These webinars will cover a wide range of topics of interest and importance to intentional communities and their allies. They will also be recorded for public distribution.
The topic for August: How do we get people to join our community?
Lots of groups struggle to attract members, and this can be for a wide variety of reasons. There might be financial barriers, unaddressed interpersonal dynamics, lack of clarity in the membership process or mission, founder’s syndrome, or any number of other things. It could also be that your outreach efforts aren’t enough or focused in the right way. In this webinar we’ll go over some common issues, discuss outreach strategies, and help you figure out how to both get people in the door and want to stay once they’re there.
Benefits of membership with the FIC
- Participation in our new monthly webinars―The Community Builders Forum. Starting Wednesday, August 16th, we’ll be hosting monthly webinars, which members can access live. These webinars will cover a wide range of topics of interest and importance to intentional communities and their allies.
- Digital copies of all issues of Communities magazine more than 3 years old
- Annual thank you to Community members in Communities magazine
- Quarterly Reports from the Executive Director
- Membership Badge and online Directory highlighting for Community memberships
- 10% discount on FIC Bookstore items sold on www.ic.org or at events
- 10% discount on advertising in Communities magazine
- 5% discount on tickets to FIC hosted events
- 5% discount on tickets to participating events sponsored by the FIC
Bonus limited time benefit, while supplies last!
For a limited time, while supplies last, new and renewed memberships can get a free copy of Within Reach
or A New We, either as a DVD or digital download.
Why would I become a member of the FIC?
There have always been benefits to FIC membership, and now we’re expanding those benefits. But that’s not the only reason to be a member. Being a member is a way to support the programs and services we provide to intentional communities.
Listing in the online (and print) Communities Directory is free. A tremendous number of Communities magazine and other articles are available for free on ic.org. We curate a rich selection of books, videos, and games in Community Bookstore. We give interviews and provide information to researchers and media, support conferences and events, offer free and paid classified and display ads, provide fiscal sponsorship, and more. Being a member supports all of this work, which you can benefit from and benefits so many other community builders out there.