Estacada, Oregon, United States
- Last updated: January 16, 2019 (1 second ago)
- Listing created on: December 31, 1999
Providing rural womyn-only space.
We’Moon Land (former home of the We’Moon datebook) is an intergenerational womyn’s land-based intentional community located an hour southeast of Portland, Oregon. The land is comprised of 52 acres, forests, creek, meadows, organic garden, wildlife, rustic dwellings, and a large round community house.
One of the first womyn’s lands in Oregon, the land has been held by and for womyn since 1973. We are a thriving community of 6-10 womyn (mostly lesbian) who value feminism and ecological practices, living in community with Mother Earth. We are a community that values earth-based womyn’s spirituality; we host occasional gatherings, workshops, retreats, and circles. Community members use the consensus decision-making process; we are committed to healthy communication and conflict resolution.
We welcome womyn, girl children, and boy children under age six to visit. We are periodically open to new residents. Email for further information.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1973
- Start Living Together: 1973
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://wemoonland.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/438232766261143/
- Community Address:
PO Box 1636
Estacada, Oregon, 97023-1395
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability)
- Programs & Activities: Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 0%, or close to 0%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Library, Outbuilding(s), Fire pit, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Not good for most people.
- Shared meals: 1-3 times per month
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), Mostly Vegetarian
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
women, womyn, feminism