- Last updated: January 3, 2017 (4 months ago)
- Listing created on: June 28, 2016
Why? Vegoa wants to lead by example promoting Veganism and Sustainability.
How? Vegoans will live in cohousing projects, farm community gardens, create vegan associations, promote vegan events and local activities.
What? Vegoa is a vegan transition movement, vegan community and platform for vegan initiatives.
Where? South of Portugal.
Social Organisation – Shared Resources (Commons), Transparency, Decentralisation, Equality
Values – Veganism, Sustainability, Freedom
We are a vegan community, vegan village and ecosystem of vegan non-profit businesses in West Algarve, Portugal.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2016
- Start Living Together: 2016
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: https://vegoa.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Vegoa.org/?fref=ts
- Community Address:
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property), Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling)
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Dietary Practice: Vegan Only (plants only, no animal products) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegan.
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Yes – we all share a common diet.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
Veganism, Sustainability, Freedom