Valley Veg Cohousing
Whately, Massachusetts, United States
- Last updated: July 4, 2017 (1 second ago)
- Listing created on: November 27, 2014
The Valley Veg Cohousing Committee is working to establish a vegan cohousing community in the Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts. This project is being initiated under the auspices of Valley Veg, Inc., a non-profit community organization which is an alliance of animal welfare, healthy eating, and environmental advocates.
This vegan cohousing community will have multi-family and clustered dwellings, including residences suitable for older vegans. It will include a common house with a dining room and kitchen, and other shared facilities such a library, guest rooms, exercise room, and gardens. The community will be planned, owned and managed by the residents – who can share in decision-making and social activities. We are currently gathering potentially interested community members and searching for a site in the Northampton, Massachusetts area.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2014
- Start Living Together: 0
- Visitors accepted: No
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.valleyveg.org/
- Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 281
Whately, Massachusetts, 01093
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Location: To be Determined
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Additional Comments:
The expense of the common house and grounds will be shared. The costs and expected member labor will be determined later.
- Dietary Practice: Vegan Only (plants only, no animal products) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegan.
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Yes – we all share a common diet.
vegan, vegetarian, organic, natural