Uchumachi Govardhan Eco Yoga Village
- Last updated: September 14, 2017 (1 second ago)
- Listing created on: September 14, 2017
Simple living, High thinking.
Our ideal is to share with people of all ages and ideologies this full, harmonious way of life with a projection towards sustainable life and high spiritual and moral values. With this we share a practical and successful alternative life (permaculture) to that of the current consumer system.
We are also part of an International Network of Eco Villages, with which we work for the same ideal. We have Yoga and Meditation Centres, Vegetarian Restaurants permaculture schools and Ecological Parks in more than 25 countries of the world, including two centres in the holiest places of India.
Our international volunteer program is special for those who want to take part in sustainable activities such as permaculture, organic agriculture, afforestation, eco constructions, eco tourism yoga retreats, art conscious, etc. And at the same time experience the contact with nature in an Andean environment, combined with the harmony provided by the practice of Bhakti Yoga.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2005
- Start Living Together: 2015
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.uchumachigovardhan.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/uchumachi.gorvadan
- Other social: http://ecoyogavillages.org
- Contact Name: Radha Kanta
- Phone: 00 591 72510859
- Community Address:
san pedro de la loma, coroico, nor yungas
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Spiritual or Religious Community
- Programs & Activities: Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: By a board, council, group of elders, or leadership group
- Identified Leader: Yes, multiple identified leaders
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $210
- Shared Income: All or close to all
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 28
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Current renewable energy generation: 26-49%
- Energy sources: Biomass, Biofuel, Clean Energy from the Grid
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: Almost All, around 90%
- Food produced locally: From 50-75%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Library, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Outdoor Kitchen, Stage or Auditorium, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas
- Internet Available: Yes, individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: Approximately all meals
- Dietary Practice: Paleo (no grains, dairy, processed foods, or legumes), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Vegan Only (plants only, no animal products) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegan., Mostly Vegan, Raw or Mostly Raw, Kosher, Halal, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Somewhat – there are some dietary restrictions or customs.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: No, this community does not permit alcohol use.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Hindu, Hare Krishna
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
Global Ecovillage Network (GEN), Eco Yoga Villages, Vrinda Family, World Vaisnava Association, United Nations of Spirit, University of Ancestral Knowledge
Mission Vrinda, Satyam Eco Village
Permaculture, Ecology, Environment, Farming, Spirituality, Yoga, Sustainable, Community, Green