TRINITY Christian PRIORY
Welkom, South Africa
- Last updated: February 28, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: March 24, 2008
monastics retreat meditation
Each person is respected for the level of solitude he or she desires and great efforts are taken by all to ensure that the sanctity of that solitude is never broken under any circumstances. Members live in individual residences at the hermitage.
This is the international residential centre; we have other small residential communities in other countries. We also have training by correspondence – novitiate training for monastics, in community or in their own homes.
We are interdenominational and for pastoral purposes us different rites e.g. Orthodox Liturgy, Western Rites, etc. We also offer silent worship or meditation.
Like all contemplatives from all religions (or none, as is the case with humanists or secularists), we focus on the present NOW moment. This practice existed for thousands of years, (long before Eckart Tolle and Oprah sensationalized it with their 500,000 members “studying” this subject on internet). Contemplatives from all faiths (like Eastern Orthodox Christians, western Christian contemplatives, centering prayer, Zen, Vedanta’s self-realization, etc.) all emphasize the moment when one breathes, as the moment when alone one exists, is alive, conscious, living.
Everyone of goodwill is welcome. Contact us by email. See our other proper site:
Como nuevo miembro del Priorato Internacional de la Santísima Trinidad quiero dar las gracias desde aquí a Vladyka+Claudio de Sevilla (España) y al arzobispo ++Iohannes (Sudáfrica) por la cálida acogida que nos han brindado en esta comunidad ortodoxa internacional.
Mi pequeña capilla de Vigo será un punto más de unión para todos los ortodoxos que deseen acercarse a los oficios litúrgicos.
Para cualquier información pueden escribirnos a:
Vigo (Galicia, España). Capilla: Calle López Mora, 21, Local 21. 36207 VIGO (España). P. Efrén (sacerdote); Rev. Gregorio (Hipodiácono). E-mail: [email protected]
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1985
- Start Living Together: 1990
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: https://sites.google.com/site/trinityprioryinternational/
- Business, Project, or Organization: https://sites.google.com/site/trinityprioryinternational/
- Other social: https://sites.google.com/site/trinityprioryinternational/
- Contact Name: RT REV Dr John de B
- Community Address:
- Type(s): Spiritual or Religious Community, Unspecified, or Other
- Programs & Activities: Organization, Resource, or Network
- Location: Small Town
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: No
- Additional Comments:
2 to 3 hours a week upkeep of property and gardens
for personal expenses
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 0%, or close to 0%
- Energy sources: Solar
- Planned renewable energy generation: 50-75%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Food produced locally: 100%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Vehicle Share, Library, Outbuilding(s), Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 1-3 times per month
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Mostly Vegetarian, Mostly Vegan, Kosher, Dairy-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Christian, Buddhist, Jewish, Hindu, Protestant, Lutheran, Catholic, Quaker, Sufi, Unitarian Universalist, Mixed Eastern Philosophy or Practice, Humanist, Ecumenical (includes “all religions”)
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Public Schooling, Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)
monastic, germits, solitaries, contemplative