TierraMar Intentional Community
VIlla del Mar, Cabo Corrientes, Jalisco, Mexico
- Last updated: March 6, 2018 (3 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: February 23, 2018
To establish a model of sustainable living via alternative building practices, integrating methods of income generating businesses that protect and contribute to the local environment, while encouraging tourism that is in harmony with the natural biodiversity and its protection. The intention of this model is to show the viability of sustainable residential development, growing businesses, allowing tourism, while integrating/maintaining the current natural way of life within the environment, and to encourage other communities to copy the model everywhere.
TierraMar is a Residential Intentional Community Project, on Pristine Land Overlooking the Pacific Ocean in Mexico. Sustainable and ecological design of housing in which homes create minimum pollution in construction; use local materials; and incorporate energy, water and waste systems which integrate the home and community into natural cycles avoiding waste. Sustainable Living in Mexico at its best!
OK. Let’s Face it. Time is Moving On. It is. Faster and faster it seems… Or is it? Perhaps it’s just the lifestyle that makes it seem as if it’s moving faster. Living in the moment helps slow down time and allows us to enjoy the journey… What if we redirected our energy and started giving ourselves the joy and peace we truly deserve.
How? Buy your little piece of paradise and live among like-minded individuals who care about mother earth, loving and supportive locals, clean air, clean waters, abundant fruit, burgeoning sustainabley-minded projects.
Come Join Me. Create a New Life for Your Self and Have Some Fun While You’re At It!
1/4 Acre Lots (+/-) on hillside overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Breath-taking views from $25,298usd. 10% down, and 2-yr term.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2016
- Start Living Together: 2018
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://iam.elixirlight.com
- Business, Project, or Organization: http://iam.elixirlight.com
- Community Address:
1 Camino Villa del Mar
VIlla del Mar, Cabo Corrientes, Jalisco,
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property), Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling), Student Housing or Student Co-Op, Transition Town or Eco-Neighborhood (focused on energy/resource resiliency), Traditional or Indigenous Community
- Programs & Activities: Transition Town (post-petroleum and off-grid communities), School, Educational Institute or Experience, Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Ethical Business, Investment Group, or Alternative Currency, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Small Town or Village
- Decision Making: By a board, council, group of elders, or leadership group
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Join Fee: $500
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $50
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Financing is available with 10% down and 2-year term (but he will consider 3-year term). Owner is currently not asking for interest on loan, so hop to it! You can pay it off at any time to get your title free and clear. Pay cash in full, and negotiate for a better deal.
All transactions are made in cash transfers and determined by exchange rate at the time. Once the down
payment and legalities are in place, you can start building. Closing costs for certificate of title is around
$1500usd. Taxes are under $400/year. If you are buying on terms, the legal agreement cost is about $150usd.
All legal paperwork for purchase must be made in person, in Mexico. If you want to purchase and cannot attend, I am available to represent you with a “Power of Attorney” specific to purchasing the lot(s). This will make your purchase binding and legal without your physical presence.
A low annual fee will be added to the owners association at some point in time to maintain roads, infrastructure and property. $50/mo.
- Energy Infrastructure: We are totally off grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 100%
- Energy sources: Solar, Wind
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: 100%
- Food produced locally: 100%
- Common Facilities: Waterfront access
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Not good for most people.
- Shared meals: 1-3 times per month
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Paleo (no grains, dairy, processed foods, or legumes), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Vegetarian Only (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegetarian, Mostly Vegetarian, Vegan Only (plants only, no animal products) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegan., Mostly Vegan, Raw or Mostly Raw, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs), Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Wiccan, Sufi, Native American, Paganism or Earth Religions, Mixed Eastern Philosophy or Practice, Rainbow Family, Ananda Community
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Expected Healthcare Practices:
Our focus is on providing an example of healthy, vibrant, involved living lifestyle. Health foods, yoga & meditation, exercise, alternative well being. Members should be strong and able to live a physically vibrant life. Although we don’t require this, WE ARE looking for like-minded souls to feel comfortable amidst each other.
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
- Additional Comments:
We DO NOT HAVE any assisted living services. IF you live a traditional life, sitting around smoking cigs, eating meat, drinking lots of booze, partying loudly, and sticking to your “expat residents only”, you may not feel comfortable in this community.
Community Network or Organization Affiliations