The Birdseye Creek Community
Gold Hill, Oregon, United States
- Last updated: September 1, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: August 25, 2016
Our community is one that is based on togetherness and love. We are a family. We allow the Spirit to guide what we do, not in any dogmatic way, but in a real, open-ended sense. We are setting an example for creating reality patterns that are based on pure forms of consciousness, shared understanding, and spontaneous wisdom.
Hi everyone, this is Will MacBride, founder of the Birdseye Creek Community. We are based on some great woodland property I own (just recently bought) in Gold Hill, Oregon. I checked the box “forming” there because we are a faily new community. However we’re definitely up and running and getting more established each day. This is definitely a great “ground floor” opportunity as far as intentional communities go.
This community is based on love, togetherness, leaving behind old neurotic patterns, and gradually awakening to the wonderful and fun possibilities that are all around us. This is a place where people can unfold in community with others and begin to explore new potentials in themselves and in reality. It’s a place to be creative on many levels.
We value spontaneity and allowing “The Spirit” to guide what we do and essentially to solve problems. The quality of the consciousness here is such that the emphasis of forward looking creative energy gathers momentum and “problems” are worked out spontaneously and naturally as part of the entire progression.
As far as activities are concerned: We’re into gardening, raising animals responsibly and humanely, natural building, music and art, and the formation of focused groups of various sorts.
6 people, 1 dog, and 1 cat live in and around an old ramshackle mobile home on the property. We will soon be building other structures, and are offering people the opportunity to camp for very affordable rent ($200 per month basic rate, somewhat negotiable based on someone’s financial situation). There is an attached shop space that is excellent for various types of work.
This is a great place for artists and musicians, people into gardening and permaculture, people into natural building, and people that consider themselves “off grid” in a creative and active sense.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2015
- Start Living Together: 2016
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/birdseyecreekcommunity
- Contact Name: Will MacBride
- Phone: 541-582-8963
- Community Address:
1875 Birdseye Creek Rd.
Gold Hill, Oregon, 97525
- Type(s): Commune (organized around sharing almost everything)
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: Yes, multiple identified leaders
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
We usually just try to come to a consensus on things. As founder and owner of the land I do see myself in a beneficent leadership position of sorts. However others are also instrumental, and we find that in the types of freer, more enlightened reality patterns on which the community is based, leadership is an easy task that synergizes with consensus, cooperation, and openness. The ultimate leadership comes from The Spirit.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
We are simple and practical with economics. We employ an approach I call “Spontanomics.” Essentially this means that we generate flow of cash and other resources in a free, spontaneous, and not-necessarily-standardized way. Though there are some guidelines, we ask people what they feel is easy and comfortable to contribute monetarily and otherwise (say per month). Some are in a position to pay a modest rent, one that ideally find is easy to make and sustain. Others contribute work, food, or just their presence, insight, and inspiration.
Money is not at the center here. We don’t view it as the reason a person is living with us. We are interested in making cash and other resources flow in an abundant way that can benefit everyone involved and allow the community to evolve and expand. But people are here because they want to be, because we like them, and because they are ready and “meant” to be involved.
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Current renewable energy generation: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned renewable energy generation: 50-75%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: From 50-75%
- Food produced locally: From 50-75%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Vehicle Share, Library, Workshop, Large Scale Kitchen, Fire pit, Waterfront access, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Cell Phone Service: Not good for most people.
- Shared meals: Approximately all meals
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Paleo (no grains, dairy, processed foods, or legumes), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Mostly Vegetarian, Mostly Vegan, Opportunivore (dumpster diving, nature harvesting, etc.), Raw or Mostly Raw, Kosher, Halal, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
We tend toward organic diets and vegetarian/veganism. However we allow people to eat meat. We prefer if the meat is obtained from ecologically responsible sources that value humane treatment of animals.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs)
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Private School off the property, Public Schooling, Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Birdseye Creek, Community, Gold Hill, Oregon, gardeing, permaculture, natural building