Decatur, Tennessee, United States
- Last updated: February 23, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: July 18, 2013
Human Purpose & Spirituality
Its members are also members of the Emin Way, a not-for-profit, and non-denominational, spiritual educational organization (501 c 3). It is a community, an international gathering of individuals from all walks of life, who are in concert with the belief that human life is a purposeful, spiritual arising, out from an ordered and growing universe.
The understanding of the human’s high purpose is a lifelong discovery process, both as individuals and as a species. We gather around the belief that the universe, God, and the human are an intertwining, evolutary process, each dependent on the other for its progression and refinement.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2003
- Start Living Together: 2003
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: No
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.templatehomestead.org/
- Contact Name: Jane Goodman
- Phone: 423-368-2250
- Community Address:
1775 Ward Rd
Decatur, Tennessee, 37322
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property), Spiritual or Religious Community
- Programs & Activities: Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Additional Comments:
consensus when possible, 2/3rds majority when not
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 0%, or close to 0%
- Energy sources: Solar
- Planned renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: Up to 25%
- Food produced locally: Between 26-49%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Library, Outbuilding(s), Swimming pond or pool
- Internet Available: Yes, individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 1-3 times per month
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
spiritual, retreat, education, human purpose, personal fulfillment, program, self-discovery, future