Loveland, Colorado, United States
- Last updated: January 2, 2019 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: December 31, 1999
Honoring Universal Being
Sunrise Ranch is one of the longest-standing Intentional Communities in the USA. Founded in 1945, and located about 10 miles west of Loveland, Colorado, Sunrise Ranch has 70-80 multi-generational residents living and working together on 360 acres in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains.
The community has weekly worship services, an elected governing board, regular community meetings, internship and visitor programs and a retreat and conference business handling groups up to 200. We also run a farm, growing organic vegetables both in our gardens and green houses, along with raising grass-fed beef.
Sunrise Ranch honors Universal Being in all its forms—through people, through nature and through all creation. We see this attitude of honor for Universal Being as the pivotal factor for the future of humanity.
Most of all, we honor and welcome the expression of Universal Being through ourselves. We believe that this orientation in living is what opens the door for a full knowing of the wisdom and love that is within everyone. It is what lets the individual give their greatest gift to the world and know the greatest fulfillment that is possible for a human being.
All of Sunrise Ranch is dedicated as a teaching and demonstration site for this essential wisdom—both the inner knowing of Universal Being and the practical application of that knowing. This is why we practice and teach sustainable agriculture and farm-to-table food preparation. This is what is behind all the workshops, conferences, concerts and courses that we offer. This is what we teach in our internship programs and in all our courses for spiritual awakening and personal development. Sunrise Ranch exists to embody this truth and to bring it to the world.
We believe that Universal Being is doing its best to incarnate and express fully through each person, not as a separate reality but as the core reality of who they are. And when it does, that person becomes whole and creates wholeness in their world. They bring healing to the land, to other people and to the planet. Whole people—whole world.
This is what allows our individual worlds to thrive. This is why Sunrise Ranch is flourishing. And it is the experience of this simple, profound truth that will let Planet Earth become the garden home that it is destined to become.
To us, this is not just a nice idea, but a guiding principle to be embodied in everything we do. If you agree, we welcome you to join with us in bringing this experience to the world.
For opportunities to join our community, please go to our website: http://sunriseranch.org/
Click on the opportunities menu on the top left corner to see what we currently have available!
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1945
- Start Living Together: 1945
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://sunriseranch.org
- Phone: 970-679-4200
- Community Address:
100 Sunrise Ranch Rd
Loveland, Colorado, 80538
- Type(s): Spiritual or Religious Community
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: By a board, council, group of elders, or leadership group
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Additional Comments:
several donate income
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Shared meals: Approximately all meals
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Emissaries
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Private Schooling at the Community, Private School off the property, Public Schooling
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)
Rainbow Farm, Hundred Mile Lodge, The Glen Ivy Center, Edenvale
spirituality, farm, garden, internship, children