Tucson, Arizona, United States
- Last updated: October 15, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: December 31, 1999
Cohousing in urban Tucson AZ
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1993
- Start Living Together: 2000
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.sonoracohousing.com/
- Contact Name: Sonora Cohousing
- Community Address:
501 E. Roger Rd
Tucson, Arizona, 85705
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Location: Urban
- Decision Making: Voting (majority or super-majority rule)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Additional Comments:
a hybrid of formal consensus and supermajority voting
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $150
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Additional Comments:
HOA dues paid monthly
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Current renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Energy sources: Solar
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Workshop, Swimming pond or pool, Hot tub or hot springs, Large Scale Kitchen, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, exceptionally.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 1-3 times per month
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs), Not a particularly spiritual or religious community, Christian, Buddhist, Jewish, Hindu, Protestant, Atheist, Agnostic, Humanist
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Private School off the property, Public Schooling, Up to each family or individual
solar, strawbale, urban infill