Rancho Sol y Mar
Mayto, Jalisco, Mexico
- Last updated: November 1, 2016 (6 months ago)
- Listing created on: June 25, 2013
EcoVillage + Educational Center
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2010
- Start Living Together: 2010
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.ranchosolymar.com
- Contact Name: Dan & Holly
- Phone: 52-1-322-104-9576
- Community Address:
Mayto, Jalisco, 04800
- Type(s): Unspecified, or Other
- Programs & Activities: School, Educational Institute or Experience, Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Ethical Business, Investment Group, or Alternative Currency, Organization, Resource, or Network
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: By a board, council, group of elders, or leadership group
- Identified Leader: Yes, multiple identified leaders
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Open to members with existing debt: No
- Additional Comments:
We have various options for contributing to the general ranch account, some involve work share, however some means of financial self sufficiency, including sufficient resources to cover potential health care & emergencies, is required.
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 100%
- Energy sources: Solar
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: Almost All, around 90%
- Food produced locally: Almost All, around 90%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Library, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Swimming pond or pool, Outdoor Kitchen, Fire pit, Waterfront access, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Not good for most people.
- Shared meals: About once a week
- Dietary Practice: Mostly Vegetarian
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Buddhist, Sufi, Native American, Unitarian Universalist, Paganism or Earth Religions, Mixed Eastern Philosophy or Practice, Agnostic, Humanist, Paganism/Earth Religions
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Public Schooling
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Global Ecovillage Network (GEN), Global Ecovillage Network – North America (GENNA)
Mexico, Jalisco, sustainable, Permaculture, coast, beach, communal, education, solar, off grid, orga