Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, United States
- Last updated: January 21, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: December 6, 2011
Sustainable Living Off Grid
Establishing an internal and external economy focusing on ‘green’ economy skills and tradesman skills.
The population goal is 50 permanent villagers with additional interns and visitors calling Plenitude and Dancing Rabbit home.
If interested in building a home, life and community contact us or Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage to begin the adventure.
We wish to start having meetings once a month to share information and share with other like-minded individuals.
Join us for the MREA fair in June. If you need a ride from Madison we have a space for two and will allow second tent on our site next to the MREA fair….cheers
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2011
- Start Living Together: 1982
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://plenitudeecovillage.wordpress.com/
- Contact Name: Joseph Rothschild
- Mailing Address:
3251 W Main St #107
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, 53590
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability)
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: Yes, multiple identified leaders
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Income sharing group(s) accepted as part of the community
Membership can be earned by internships and community hours worked
No fee at this time until the community is formed
Annual dues will be between 0.25% and 0.75% of gross income or through community hours worked
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Current renewable energy generation: 100%
- Energy sources: Solar, Wind, Biomass, Biofuel
- Planned renewable energy generation: 0%, or close to 0%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: 100%
- Food produced locally: Almost All, around 90%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Vehicle Share, Library, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Swimming pond or pool, Outdoor Kitchen, Large Scale Kitchen, Stage or Auditorium, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas, Gym or sports area, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 1-3 times per month
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Private Schooling at the Community, Public Schooling
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Global Ecovillage Network (GEN), Ecovillage Network of the Americas, Dancing Rabbit