Lake Arenal, Guanecaste, Costa Rica
- Last updated: May 15, 2017 (2 weeks ago)
- Listing created on: May 15, 2017
A Sustainable existence with our Planet thru the gift of environmental diversity.
A focus locally but to think globally.
We are a group of individuals focused on building a sustainable way of living in Harmony with all life forms and developing a way of life that heals, nourishes and teaches.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2015
- Start Living Together: 2013
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.mindspringwellness.weebly.com
- Business, Project, or Organization: http://www.Mindspringhempco.com
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mindspringhempco
- Contact Name: Peter Klotunowitch, Jennifer Klotunowitch
- Phone: 813-693-1452
- Mailing Address:
101 Mindspring Blvd
Lake Arenal, Guanecaste,
- Type(s): Commune (organized around sharing almost everything), Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property), Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling), Student Housing or Student Co-Op, Spiritual or Religious Community, Transition Town or Eco-Neighborhood (focused on energy/resource resiliency)
- Programs & Activities: Transition Town (post-petroleum and off-grid communities), School, Educational Institute or Experience, Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Ethical Business, Investment Group, or Alternative Currency, Organization, Resource, or Network, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Festivals, Conferences, Events, Hemp focused
- Location: Small Town
- Decision Making: By a board, council, group of elders, or leadership group
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $75
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 17
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: Almost All, around 90%
- Energy sources: Wind, Hydro-Electric
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: 100%
- Food produced locally: Almost All, around 90%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Library, Workshop, Fire pit, Waterfront access, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, exceptionally.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Vegan Only (plants only, no animal products) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegan., Mostly Vegan, Raw or Mostly Raw, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Somewhat – there are some dietary restrictions or customs.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs), Mixed Eastern Philosophy or Practice
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Expected Healthcare Practices:
Keep yourself clean.
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Hemp, Sustainable, Green,