Kapoho, Hawaii, United States
- Last updated: April 22, 2018 (1 second ago)
- Listing created on: December 31, 1999
Life in Paradise Restored! Raw fruitarian diet is a goal, getting off of the ‘grid’ in every way (financially, power-wise, idea-wise) is all part of the plan.
Hey! We’re still here (‘Earth Day’ ‘April 22, 2018’)! Feel free to email us but do NOT send form mail! All form mails will get no response.
NOTE!!! : People have been contacting us for YEARS after NOT having read our website. Read !! :
1. WE HAVE NO LAND (YET!) OR PLACE FOR YOU TO STAY. A primary motivating purpose of this Project is to GATHER TOGETHER those who CANNOT AFFORD to buy land title, etc. and POOL our resources in order to buy that land title etc.!
2. We want self-starting people who see that it is ALL OF US who MUST make this Project happen rather than relying on someone else to build it.
“Once upon a time there were four people: Their names were Everybody, Somebody, Nobody, and Anybody. Whenever there was an important job to do Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. When Nobody did it, Everybody got angry because it was Everybody’s job. Everybody thought Somebody would do it, but Nobody realized that Nobody would do it. So consequently Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done in the first place.”
If you are still interested after reading the above, continue on to our Basic Description below! :
The purpose of the Paradise Restoration Project is to create Paradise Gardens sanctuaries worldwide.
‘Paradise’ means ‘garden sanctuary’ (from the Persian word ‘pairidaeza’, pairi meaning ‘park’ or garden, ‘daeza’ meaning ‘enclosed’ or ‘sanctuary’).
Raw fruitarian (killing and injury-free) diet as the ideal, sharing ‘ownership’ (shared land title) regardless of finances, independence from the need for ‘money’ (meaning being truly ‘off the grid’ in EVERY way), co-helping the poor, disabled, discouraged, misunderstood, misfit, outcast, creative peaceful and loving people to pool financial and all other resources in order to obtain land title and other necessities of living in paradisial gardens.
Decision making by 100% consensus council, ‘extended family’ values, love and co-operation, co-creative endeavours, freedom from addictions and true dedication to the greater good of the whole are central precepts.
Religious / spiritual values include all those that are conducive to the simple living basics of life in paradise
or Paradisianism. Paradisian/Ebionite/Essene/Nazorean/Os
- The Lost Religion of Jesus, by Keith Akers:
Web page from CompassionateSpirit.Com about Keith’s book which contains little-known and groundbreaking research into Jesus’ true message of simple living, non-violence, vegetarian diet and intentional community.
- Gentle World:
Gentle World – Authors of the first Vegan Recipe Book in 1969.
- Paradise Gardens / Paradise Restoration Project page at the Intentional Communities Database:
Very much more detailed description of the ideals and goals of the Paradise Restoration Project. ICDB.ORG covers ground, items I’d forgotten to mention but are very important to many people. Read this listing first!
- Organic Volunteers:
Sort of like an independent WWOOF site.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 1990
- Start Living Together: 1990
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: https://web.archive.org/web/20120312015232/http://www.paradisefoundation.net/
- Business, Project, or Organization: https://web.archive.org/web/20120312015232/http://www.paradisefoundation.net/
- Other social: http://www.angelfire.com/pq/paradisegardens
- Contact Name: “Paradisian”
- Phone: 8184281493
- Type(s): Commune (organized around sharing almost everything), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property), Spiritual or Religious Community, Unspecified, or Other
- Programs & Activities: Transition Town (post-petroleum and off-grid communities), School, Educational Institute or Experience, Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association, Ethical Business, Investment Group, or Alternative Currency, Organization, Resource, or Network, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: To be Determined
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
The core group is as the core group does. Forming now!
True consensus council not just ‘consensus minus one’ or core-leadership/land owner veto ‘consensus’.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Pooled resources as necessary; independent finances OK but equal contributions of some sort are part of the Basic Agreements.
Abundance removes debt.
As needed, based also on individual capacities, talents and abilities; as other things, determined by Consensus Council.
Free-will financial contributions accepted but not required.
As needed; determined by need via Consensus Council.
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Current renewable energy generation: Almost All, around 90%
- Energy sources: Solar, Hydro-Electric, Biomass, Biogas, Biofuel
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: Almost All, around 90%
- Food produced locally: 0%, or close to 0%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Vehicle Share, Library, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Swimming pond or pool, Hot tub or hot springs, Outdoor Kitchen, Large Scale Kitchen, Tractor & Farm Equipment, Stage or Auditorium, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas, Recreational vehicles, Waterfront access, Gym or sports area, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Not good for most people.
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Mostly Vegetarian, Mostly Vegan, Opportunivore (dumpster diving, nature harvesting, etc.), Raw or Mostly Raw, Kosher, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Raw fruitarian diet is an integral goal of our community,
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Somewhat – there are some dietary restrictions or customs.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
As needed/desired. Family values cherished but community meals are not required attendance.
Plans are 100% of food grown on the land
Raw, veganic (vegan organic) fruitarian diet is the ideal, although transitional diets may be necessary until the Gardens are 100% sustainable; separate camps may be required for raw fruitarian and transitional diets; animal products not allowed on premises regardless of transitional diet.
Alcohol is mostly a poison; freedom from addiction to poison is necessary to our mutual goals. Religious use is of course allowed.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs), Christian, Quaker, Rainbow Family, Paradisian – this is the religion that all the great messengers including Yahwehshua (\’Jesus\’) of Nazareth have promoted and lived.
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: Yes
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Private Schooling at the Community, Private School off the property, Up to each family or individual
- Expected Healthcare Practices:
We expect members to strive for the best health they can attain and maintain … both for themselves and for the sake of other community members.
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Rainbow Family, Church of Paradise
fruitarian, essene, permaculture, botanical gardens, rainforest preservation, human nature sanctuary