Ixiamas, Abel Iturralde, La Paz, Bolivia
- Last updated: December 15, 2015 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: October 8, 2010
conservation, self sustenance
with the purpose of implementing ecological projects that will aid in the conservation of a 35,000 hectare territory adjacent to the most critical part of Madidi National Park. The organization is composed mainly of native people from all over Bolivia that share the interest of protecting this region through innovative eco-projects. This area is one of the most critical in the Amazon region since it’s one of the last biological corridors between the Andean foothills and the Amazon plains has not been interrupted by human presence. Ironical to the enormous size of Madidi National Park, this most critical region is the least protected, being so by a thin bottleneck only fourteen kilometres wide. Candelaria Madidi is the terrain adjacent to this bottleneck and the protection of this area is of great importance. For this reason Candelaria Madidi Ecologico has been fighting to establish this area as a community owned protected area and we are now begin projects that will create funds that will allow real conservation and protection efforts to be continuously carried out.
Ecotoursim project: A 1,000,000 dollar ecotourism project has been designed and is currently being presented to grant institutions.
Healing center and center for universal knowledge project: A project that involves creating a unified global and ancient knowledge center, a universal wisdom school, a universal healing center. This project is in the design phase.
Ecovillage status: We are looking for people interested in being part of our community. We are currently designing a community layout and are offering different ways to include new members. check the page http://altomadidiproject.blogspot.com/p/community.html -english under construction, check the spanish page http://altomadidi.blogspot.com/p/comunidad.html-to see in which ways you can join this community.
VOLUNTEERS: We certainly need help from people interested in HELPING this project and the community happen. We welcome people with proposals on how they could help.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2005
- Start Living Together: 2010
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://altomadidiproject.blogspot.com
- Contact Name: Julian Katari
- Phone: 591 60516906
- Community Address:
calle Rosendo Gutierrez no, 759 zona Sopocachi
Ixiamas, Abel Iturralde, La Paz, 3651
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Spiritual or Religious Community
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: All or close to all
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
You can join with work or with 10,000
- Current food produced: From 50-75%
- Shared meals: About once a week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Additional Diet Comments:
still to establish
100% eis the goal
natural tobacco as a sacred plant
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Native American, Eclectic (integrates pieces from many religions)
- Education Style(s): Private Schooling at the Community
self, sustainability, conservation, project, rainforest, amazon, ecotoursim, indigenous, natives