Outpost Alpha Trading Community $1k + Labor 3 acres
South East Central MO Ozarks, Missouri, United States
- Last updated: October 6, 2017 (1 second ago)
- Listing created on: September 13, 2016
To develop a good community based on Christian values.
To try to live by the book and be generous to all
New Village Forming / Intentional Community
Outpost Alpha – Trading Community
Sustainability, Retreat and Training Center
300+ Acres 75+ Families + Community Camp Ground
Own a 3+ Acre lot for $1000 plus payments -or- LABOR
Neighbors helping neighbors in a community formed around core Christian values.
Local “Time Based” Currency & Barter.
1000 Fruit & Berry Seedlings per lot. We want edible organic natural foods all through our village.
Free range Chickens / Eggs, Goats, Wild Bee Boxes.
No Building Codes or Zoning Ordinances!
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2017
- Start Living Together: 2018
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://outpostAlpha.tk
- Contact Name: Digger73 George
- Mailing Address:
No Street Address Yet
South East Central MO Ozarks, Missouri,
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Spiritual or Religious Community, Unspecified, or Other
- Programs & Activities: Transition Town (post-petroleum and off-grid communities), School, Educational Institute or Experience, Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association, Ethical Business, Investment Group, or Alternative Currency, Organization, Resource, or Network, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: Yes, multiple identified leaders
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $15
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 2
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
We will work with each other in the community to advise and guide others in our individual fields of expertise. We agree to barter labor as needed; one helps another.
Research team to pick good crops to grow for cash and barter out of town as well as in town.
Grow what you want on your own property and/or join the community growing projects for a share of the result.
- Energy Infrastructure: We are totally off grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 100%
- Energy sources: Solar, Wind, Biofuel
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: 100%
- Food produced locally: Almost All, around 90%
- Common Facilities: Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Library, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Swimming pond or pool, Hot tub or hot springs, Outdoor Kitchen, Stage or Auditorium, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas, Waterfront access, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: No, it is slow.
- Cell Phone Service: Not good for most people.
- Shared meals: About once a week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Opportunivore (dumpster diving, nature harvesting, etc.)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: No
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Additional Diet Comments:
We intend on building our own brewery where each can share running it in teams and sharing the output; not for sale but for local use. Each person provides for themselves, I would like to see 1 pot luck a week for the community to stay together and give a social time in the afternoon share news and talk about events and plans.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Christian
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Private Schooling at the Community, Public Schooling
- Expected Healthcare Practices:
Please do not have offensive body odor in public places or gatherings.
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)
Off grid environmnetal friendly co-op coop Barter trade new forming peace Agriculture animals solar