New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
- Last updated: December 20, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: January 13, 2018
Our Mission is to serve and support community and culture, and help contribute to this really positive time in New Orleans’ history.
Hey Guys- thanks for checking us out. We’re an eclectic group that’s building community in the urban wards of New Orleans. We work with community centers, non profits, art collectives, gardens, and a large part of our work centers around the local New Orleans Indian culture. Different members of our group have built and some are still part of communities and tribes for many years and we’re now approaching it from a really practical perspective- creating sustainable business and income and non profit programs. What sets us apart from most groups is that instead of only trying to build our community amidst our artistic friends- we’ve really immersed and combined ourselves with the local culture of New Orleans- striving for that more soulful, build from what’s here solution.
We’ve done well building our revenue and partnering with existing communities and non profits, and by Summer 2019 we should have several of our own programs going strong.
If you’re looking to volunteer or find out more- or just have some questions about New Orleans, feel free to contact!
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2018
- Start Living Together: 2018
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Contact Name: Jonah
- Mailing Address:
St Roch Avenue
New Orleans, Louisiana, 70116
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property), Unspecified, or Other
- Programs & Activities: School, Educational Institute or Experience, Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association, Ethical Business, Investment Group, or Alternative Currency, Organization, Resource, or Network, Festivals, Conferences, Events, Arts foundation for all the Arts, as well as after school programs for kids.
- Location: Urban
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
Art, music, film, new orleans, theater, city, co-op, free school, Indigenous, business, non profit,