Eugene, Oregon, United States
- Last updated: June 9, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: April 7, 2018
To create a loving and supportive environment for people with severe and chronic social anxiety and/or avoidant personality disorder.
The community is based on helping people with severe social anxiety. It will be made up of 8-12 community members that will do nearly everything together except work. During business hours everyone will go out to their individual jobs in the community.
To free ourselves from depression, anxiety, and avoidance we will make and follow a detailed schedule every day. We will wake up, exercise, cook and eat breakfast, have a morning check in, go to work, cook and eat dinner, have a group therapy session, and have planning and practical meetings.
This community is for people who want to stop escaping their life and start living life to its fullest! As such we will seek to avoid escapist behavior such as drugs, mass media and entertainment, binge-eating, etc. Technology will be sharply curtailed in the house. There will be no TV except for special occasions. Laptops and phones are allowed but they are only to be used for specific tasks and not for entertainment.
Many people with severe social anxiety and depression also suffer from other conditions such as general anxiety, ADHD, bipolar, body image issues, self harm, drug addiction etc. When you first come to the community you may already have a job or you may be in such a state that you are unemployable. We will build you up and in a few months you will be ready to get a job.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2018
- Start Living Together: 2018
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: https://ericbac19.wixsite.com/nautilus
- Contact Name: Eric Bachrach
- Phone: +19082080482
- Mailing Address:
- Type(s): Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling)
- Location: To be Determined
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $1500
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 10
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: Up to 25%
- Food produced locally: 0%, or close to 0%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Vehicle Share, Large Scale Kitchen, Gym or sports area, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: Approximately all meals
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices)
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Public Schooling
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
- Additional Comments:
Ending the use of drugs to escape from our lives is a very important part of this community. There may be very occasional alcohol or pot use. There will be no other non-prescribed drugs allowed at any time.