Maharishi Peace Palace Fairfield Iowa
Fairfield, Iowa, United States
- Last updated: February 29, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: December 31, 1999
Increased Happiness, Increased awareness , Stress Release, Good Non-GMO Organic Food,
We have a commitment to establish a permanent group of 7,000 people practicing the Transcendental Meditation Program, and Advanced Programs to establish World Peace.
We are also committed to developing an organic food source, Non-GMO, for all our students and local community.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1972
- Start Living Together: 1973
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.tm.org/transcendental-meditation-fairfield
- Business, Project, or Organization: https://tm.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IowaPeacePalace/?ref=hl
- Contact Name: Dr Walter J. DeVasier
- Phone: 641-472-1174 Maharishi Peace Palace
- Community Address:
Maharishi Peace Palace
1080 North 4th St
Fairfield, Iowa, 52556-2079
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property), Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling), Student Housing or Student Co-Op, Spiritual or Religious Community
- Programs & Activities: School, Educational Institute or Experience, Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Organization, Resource, or Network, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Small Town
- Decision Making: By a board, council, group of elders, or leadership group
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: No
- Additional Comments:
member staff are paid a stipend / we generate our own income
There is a Course fee for Transcendental Meditation $480 Students $960 Adults ($720 fixed income)
and we have scholarship programs
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Current renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Energy sources: Solar, Wind, Biomass, Geothermal
- Planned renewable energy generation: 50-75%
- Current food produced: From 50-75%
- Planned food produced: Almost All, around 90%
- Food produced locally: From 50-75%
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, exceptionally.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Mostly Vegetarian, Vegan Only (plants only, no animal products) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegan., Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Large Green Houses
Some fish/organic poultry
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs), Christian, Buddhist, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Wiccan, Protestant, Lutheran, Catholic, Emissaries, Quaker, Sufi, Native American, Hutterian Brethren, Unitarian Universalist, Paganism or Earth Religions, Mixed Eastern Philosophy or Practice, Bahai, Atheist, Ecumenical (includes “all religions”)
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: Yes
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Private Schooling at the Community, Private School off the property, Public Schooling, Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
Ecovillage Network of the Americas
Meditation,perfect health,Stress management,PTSD