Living Room Yoga Commune
Ypsilanti, Michigan, United States
- Last updated: May 23, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: January 16, 2017
Service and Resilient Living
Our outlook and values are pragmatic and centered on making life easier for our housemates by sharing the work of the home together with a focus on permaculture, sustainability and yogic principles. We do form strong bonds among members that are reminiscent of an idealized family. The central purpose of our community is derived from shared values of generosity toward co-living members, the earth and the wider community, a sense of service both to the home we inhabit and the members we live with, and a strong central work ethic both in our own lives and in service of the home, earth and community with which we live in partnership.
Residents unite around a common interest to collaboratively manage a space, share resources, and coordinate activities which contribute creatively and intellectually to the world around them. We offer short-term accommodation and host outward facing events, increasing connections with the broader community and world. The community at Living Room Yoga Commune is focused on the principles of permaculture, yoga, and resilient living. Many housemates are a member of hOur Exchange Ypsilanti Time bank, which is connected to other timebanks in the county, state region and the world through the use of hOur World software.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2016
- Start Living Together: 2016
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Not currently, but there is a list or possibly in the future
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.livingroomyogacommune.blogspot.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Living-Room-Yoga-Commune-1629850193990946/
- Contact Name: Emerson Delacroix
- Community Address:
704 N. Congress St
Ypsilanti, Michigan, 48197
- Type(s): Commune (organized around sharing almost everything), Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling)
- Programs & Activities: Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Ethical Business, Investment Group, or Alternative Currency, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Urban
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Additional Comments:
Home purchases are made by the home owner, Emerson. Co-living decisions are made my consensus.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $525
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 1
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Utilities and internet are paid by the home owner.
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned renewable energy generation: 50-75%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: Almost All, around 90%
- Food produced locally: Almost All, around 90%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Vehicle Share, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, exceptionally.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 1-3 times per month
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Paleo (no grains, dairy, processed foods, or legumes), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Vegetarian Only (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegetarian, Mostly Vegetarian, Vegan Only (plants only, no animal products) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegan., Mostly Vegan, Opportunivore (dumpster diving, nature harvesting, etc.), Raw or Mostly Raw, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Additional Diet Comments:
We are happy to make accommodations.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs), Not a particularly spiritual or religious community
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Private School off the property, Public Schooling, Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
- Additional Comments:
Folks are free to express themselves as they wish as long as it’s not harmful to other community members.