Kristian David School
Madonas nov., Latvia
- Last updated: May 31, 2016 (11 months ago)
- Listing created on: October 6, 2012
-Christian private school with licensed elementary school programme.
-Elective specializations are available in music (piano, brass instruments, percussion, guitar, basic vocal training), in visual arts (drawing, painting, building) and in sports (gymnastics, team sports, skiing).
-We teach children to take an initiative and be proactive.
-Personal attention to every student due to small class size.
-The children enrolled in the school are in the care of the Christian community.
-own farm where to learn practical skills
-students may stay over summer holidays
-support for low-income families
HOUSE OF PRAYER
-Daily prayer and Christian lifestyle
-Denominational cooperation (Ecumenism)
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1990
- Start Living Together: 1991
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.kdskola.lv
- Phone: +371 27810800
- Community Address:
Madonas nov., LV-4834
- Type(s): Commune (organized around sharing almost everything)
- Programs & Activities: School, Educational Institute or Experience
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: Yes, multiple identified leaders
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
No specified labor contribution hours, but definitely work in school and farm necessitates labor contribution
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Energy sources: Connected to the Grid
- Planned renewable energy generation: Almost All, around 90%
- Current food produced: From 50-75%
- Planned food produced: 100%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Vehicle Share, Library, Workshop, Tractor & Farm Equipment, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Mostly Vegetarian
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
we grow vegetables, berries and fruits, collect wild plants – cranberries, blueberries, herbs and mushrooms. We have about 20 cows, some pigs, chicken, ducks, bees, a horse, 2 ponies and 7 goats.
No community members smoke, visitors can smoke outside
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Christian, Protestant, Lutheran, Catholic, Quaker, Unitarian Universalist
- Education Style(s): Private Schooling at the Community
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)
Moravian church, European network of communities (e-n-c.org)