Riverside, California, United States
- Last updated: January 9, 2017 (4 months ago)
- Listing created on: January 2, 2011
We focus especially on healthy, sustainable living and personal self-improvement. Recently, our group has been emphasizing personal recovery work on inner child and codependency. It has become encouraged for members to visit 12Step program meetings in the area such as ACA and CoDA. If you are not familiar with them, you can visit www.adultchildren.org and www.coda.org. That gives us a common language and experience to understand what it is when people are referring to healthy boundaries, working with our feelings, cross-talk, etc.
While not vegetarian, reduced meat is encouraged. The yard theme is edible landscaping. We strive for financial stability via conscientious work and business. We are also open to advanced technology in conformance with our ethics. Currently, we have no membership dues. But there is rent, chores and a shared pantry. At this time, we cannot accommodate workfare, i.e. people will need outside income.
Please see our website for a more in depth review of our philosophy and aims at kondoria.org.
Contact: Werner via [email protected] or 949-551-2800.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2011
- Start Living Together: 2014
- Visitors accepted: Yes, rarely
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.kondoria.org
- Contact Name: Werner Kontara
- Phone: 949-551-2800
- Community Address:
P.O. Box 3848
Riverside, California, 92519
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property), Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling)
- Location: Suburban
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 2
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Bulk food and cleaning supplies shared. Otherwise, individually provided/used.
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 0%, or close to 0%
- Energy sources: Connected to the Grid
- Planned renewable energy generation: Almost All, around 90%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: From 50-75%
- Food produced locally: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Garden(s), Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: About once a week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Some unusual foods, like wild or edible ornamentals.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs)
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Public Schooling
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), South-West Intentional Community Alliance
California, self improvement, business, technology