Glanrhyd Y Pysgod, United Kingdom
- Last updated: July 6, 2017 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: June 29, 2017
The concept is simple…
Find a core team of intentional community members who have a PASSION for social or environmental purpose and the ability to maintain the facilities and activities of KindaVillage.
Work with these people to create the intentional community hub as a platform from which to develop the community and social business activities of KindaVillage.
Find individuals or groups of people with a good idea for a social or environmental business or project and the ability, PASSION and commitment to build it into something real.
Provide them with the right facilities, support and funding to turn their social and/or environmental dreams into a reality
Celebrate their achievements when they successfully make the world a better place!
Share their knowledge with others to create and support more KindaVillages for our network
Watch the movement grow!!
10 years ago it was a vision. 7 years ago the seeds were sown at the Missing Sock UK Charity. 2 years ago experimentation commenced!
Today, the vision is clear…!
As part of our global aspiration, the time is NOW to set up the first KindaVillage; an intentional community ecovillage project for those with a passion to serve social development.
We have just bought 80 land (STC) in Ceredigion, Wales, for our community and hope to settle in the autumn 2017.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2014
- Start Living Together: 2017
- Visitors accepted: No
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://kindavillage.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kindavillage
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kinda_Village
- Other social: https://www.instagram.com/kinda_village
- Mailing Address:
Glanrhyd Y Pysgod Cottages
Glanrhyd Y Pysgod, SA39 9LX
- Type(s): Commune (organized around sharing almost everything), Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property), Transition Town or Eco-Neighborhood (focused on energy/resource resiliency)
- Programs & Activities: Transition Town (post-petroleum and off-grid communities), School, Educational Institute or Experience, Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association, Ethical Business, Investment Group, or Alternative Currency, Organization, Resource, or Network, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Sociocracy
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 25
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Energy sources: Solar
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Planned food produced: Between 26-49%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Vehicle Share, Outbuilding(s), Swimming pond or pool, Waterfront access
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Education Style(s): Private Schooling at the Community, Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Diggers & Dreamers
Missing Kind Charity