Johnson’s Landing Retreat Center
- Last updated: January 23, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: March 6, 2007
Educational, Findhorn style
We are looking for summer help and long-term people who want to commit to a vision of creating a Findhorn Foundation-style community and education center in Canada. We are really interested in people with Permaculture skills as well as Sociocractic skills and love meditators and yogis.
The Center is a drug, tobacco, and alcohol-free environment and serves vegetarian food.
Our website has a page to give you the basic community information.
For the past 22 years, Angele has been publishing a regional holistic magazine for BC and AB called ISSUES for Empowerment. She also hosts the Spring Festival of Awareness in the Spring and the Wise Womens Festival in the fall at Naramata Center, BC. Visit www.issuesmagazine.net for details.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 1998
- Start Living Together: 2004
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.JohnsonsLandingRetreat.bc.ca
- Business, Project, or Organization: http://IssuesMagazine.net
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Johnsons-Landing-Retreat-Center-147486522005386
- Contact Name: Angele or Richard Ortega
- Phone: 1-250-366-4402
- Mailing Address:
RR 1, Site 4, C 31
Kaslo, V0G 1M0
- Type(s): Unspecified, or Other
- Programs & Activities: Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Organization, Resource, or Network, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: By a board, council, group of elders, or leadership group
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
After a year in the community you can participate in a section of the decision making.
We are moving towards a board of directors and forming a Foundation
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 30
- Open to members with existing debt: No
- Additional Comments:
We offer a small stipend to cover personal expenses
30 hours per week plus some time doing the dishes
meals and accommodations provided
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Current renewable energy generation: 26-49%
- Energy sources: Solar, Wind
- Planned renewable energy generation: 26-49%
- Current food produced: Between 26-49%
- Planned food produced: Between 26-49%
- Food produced locally: Between 26-49%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Vehicle Share, Library, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Hot tub or hot springs, Outdoor Kitchen, Tractor & Farm Equipment, Fire pit, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: Approximately all meals
- Dietary Practice: Vegetarian (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Yes – we all share a common diet.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: No, this community does not permit alcohol use.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Additional Diet Comments:
We have just tripled our organic garden size
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Expected Healthcare Practices:
Keep fit and active, eat well and balanced, eat slowly as we eat together.
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
vegetarian, holistic, canada