In Lak’ech Village
Mazunte, Oaxaca, Mexico
- Last updated: January 13, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: January 24, 2014
In Lak’ech Village uses a co-housing ownership model whereby community residents have ownership of the ground on which their home sits and fractual ownership of all communal land.
The idea is to build a concious community that values our relationships, our land, and our world. We will also be building a retreat centre on the land and offering yoga, meditation, and other retreats.
We have good water, numerous fruit trees, ocean views — it’s paradise. Come visit, volunteer, or live!
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2013
- Start Living Together: 2013
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.BuildTheFarm.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/inlakechvillage
- Community Address:
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Programs & Activities: Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming
- Location: Small Town
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Energy Infrastructure: We are totally off grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 50-75%
- Energy sources: Solar, Biogas, Biofuel
- Current food produced: Between 26-49%
- Planned food produced: From 50-75%
- Food produced locally: 100%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Vehicle Share, Library, Workshop, Outdoor Kitchen, Fire pit
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: Approximately all dinners
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Paleo (no grains, dairy, processed foods, or legumes), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Vegetarian Only (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegetarian, Mostly Vegetarian, Vegan Only (plants only, no animal products) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegan., Mostly Vegan, Raw or Mostly Raw, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs), Buddhist, Native American
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Private Schooling at the Community, Public Schooling, Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)