Wapserveen, Drenthe, Netherlands
- Last updated: January 22, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: December 31, 1999
We live together as a group, focus on personal growth, organic gardening, local and simple living, sustainability.
But the primal ideas of seeking love, harmony, and simplicity are still the drives, the wells from which present inhabitants draw their energy to form and re-form daily community life and our relation toward society. Besides the promotion of organic/biological agriculture, we organize volunteer days, have a small scale bakery, a campsite, a teepee, sweatlodge area and a couple of tiny houses for guests to stay.
We have plans for a new sustainable house where 2 of our families are going to live.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1969
- Start Living Together: 1969
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Not currently, but there is a list or possibly in the future
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.dehobbitstee.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/De-Hobbitstee-395864370445047/?fref=ts
- Contact Name: Sharon Huisman
- Community Address:
Van Zijlweg 3
Wapserveen, Drenthe, 8351 HW
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Programs & Activities: Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Additional Comments:
Landscape. garden and building maintenance one collective day a month
A fixed amount every month for public services and maintenance
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Current food produced: Between 26-49%
- Planned food produced: From 50-75%
- Food produced locally: From 50-75%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Workshop, Tractor & Farm Equipment, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas, Recreational vehicles, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: About once a week
- Dietary Practice: Mostly Vegetarian
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Additional Diet Comments:
most of us are vegetarian
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (includes “all religions”)
- Education Style(s): Public Schooling
Organic gardening, personal growth, sustainability