Hermanos Framciscanos de la Providencia
Manati, Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico
- Last updated: June 13, 2017 (3 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: June 9, 2017
We are a religious community that follows the footsteps of Francis of Assisi serving the poor of God’s holy people. A sign of brotherhood to the world. We have a retreat center and soup kitchen. Each and everyone of the brothers is encouraged to explore their talents serving the poor. We have available formation program for Lay Franciscans and committed Christians.
Franciscan Religious Community – sharing the good news of the Gospel and helping the poorest of the poor. Wherever there is a need to share the message of God’s love, you will find the Franciscans. We work in education, parishes and social justice throughout the Caribbean, United States, Africa, Colombia, Ecuador, Chile, Brazil, Canada, Perú and Spain.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1976
- Start Living Together: 1976
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.hermanosfranciscanos.org
- Contact Name: Fray Jose M. Delgado, HFP
- Phone: 7878545412
- Mailing Address:
RR 2 Box 6801
Manati, Puerto Rico, 00674
- Type(s): Spiritual or Religious Community
- Programs & Activities: Organization, Resource, or Network
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Voting (majority or super-majority rule)
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Members with Solemn Vows are allowed to vote.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $0
- Shared Income: All or close to all
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 8
- Open to members with existing debt: No
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: Up to 25%
- Food produced locally: Between 26-49%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Vehicle Share, Library, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Large Scale Kitchen, Tractor & Farm Equipment, Stage or Auditorium, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: Approximately all meals
- Dietary Practice: Local (food sourced within 150 miles)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Yes – we all share a common diet.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: No, this community does not permit alcohol use.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Catholic
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: Yes
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Expected Healthcare Practices:
Will depend of the Government Healthcare.
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)
Hermanos Franciscanos de la Providencia
franciscans, missionary work, lay franciscans, volunteer work, vocations, vocational discernment