Harper Valley Farm
Harrison, Arkansas, United States
- Last updated: November 29, 2017 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: March 15, 2008
care for property, fields for bees, lettuce and tomato gardens year round
Property is located in Harrison, Arkansas. 28 miles South of Branson, Missouri. You are renting five acres for your exclusive use, perfect for gardening or just putting your feet in the creek.
You are responsibe for yourself both finacially and emotionally. You will need a Prius plus $3000 per year for a single person or $3600 for a couple. The rent is annual and helps keep our project alive and growing.
A Prius is best for off grid. Electric will be provided to shower house and outdoor kitchen. Rent is annual. You pay your own electric if connected and leave the place the way you found it or better.
You will have the opportunity and parking space to do your own thing or just relax. This is a beautiful property we would like to keep it that way.
- Status: Re-forming
- Started Planning: 1989
- Start Living Together: 1989
- Visitors accepted: Yes, rarely
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Community Address:
Wolf Springs Road
Harrison, Arkansas, 72601
This Community is Re-formingYear re-formed: 2018
After many years and many lessons we are setting out to “do it again” with the next generation and the current situation of our world in mind. We are setting aside 5 beautiful acres, perfect for sustainability. We will have a shower house and spare for an outdoor kitchen.
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability)
- Programs & Activities: Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: By an individual community leader
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Privately owned seeking like minded adults who wish to work to develop some or all of their own food privately.
- Join Fee: $3000
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 10
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Lovely place to garden, raise chickens or bees. Owners can give advice on what has been successful in the area, what is marketable.
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Planned renewable energy generation: Almost All, around 90%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: Almost All, around 90%
- Food produced locally: Almost All, around 90%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Fire pit, Waterfront access
- Internet Available: Yes, individuals provide it
- Cell Phone Service: Good for some people.
- Shared meals: Rarely
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
Fair Housing Laws
This community acknowledges that their listing does not include any potential violations of the Fair Housing Law, or that they do not provide housing. For any questions about this topic please see our Content Policies and contact FIC with any questions or concerns: [email protected].
Prius, tiny house, opportunity, lettuce garden, herbs, bees,chickens, sustainable