Grimm Acres Community
Waynesburg, Kentucky, United States
- Last updated: March 28, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: March 28, 2018
Since you can’t have an intentional community without intention, ours is to simply “thrive together”.
Everyone who lives or visits Grimm Acres brings a lifetime of experience to share with others. Even the children have unique experiences, perspectives and skills to offer and teach.
Grimm Acres Community Living, is a beautiful place to put down some roots, enjoy nature, explore the simple life, a time for quiet reflection, and be a part of a community that works together to achieve community goals.
Grimm Acres is a wonderful place to be at one with nature, animals, birds, and the trees that surround us. While at the same time each member of the community can engage in meaningful work. Creating tiny living shelters, discovering nature trails, creating healthy gardens to grow community food, animal husbandry, and discovering the meaning of community as we all work side by side together.
Grimm Acres is the best place to rediscover who you are, who you want to be, and where you want to be in life. Here you can learn new things, become a part of a community that is sustainable and self-sufficient, be able to help others, and journey with peace.
Living simply is the Grimm Acres way, and understanding that our place here on earth is to learn and help others learn in the process. We embrace learning new things, learning from others, and understand that many great minds can achieve much more than just one great mind.
Teaching our local community on gardening, identifying plants, trees, canning, building simple shelters, and how working as a community can enhance the lives around you.
Orion and Josie Grimm settled in Waynesburg, KY. Both with the vision of creating a place full of family, love, and a sense of community. Understanding that in today’s tough economic times, how cool it would be to open up their homestead to others to create an intentional community that relishes in the simple things of life. Creating a place where others could enjoy the beauty that surrounds them, garden together, raise animals together, build together, and eventually become a self-sustained intentional community. After all, it takes a village. Troy and Dawn have lived in communities, such as Alpha Farm in Oregon and were invited to Grimm Acres as part of the core group with their children, Heather and Ivy.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2017
- Start Living Together: 2017
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: https://www.grimmacres.community/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/grimmacrescommunity/
- Other social: http://irishwolfhoundsofky.com/
- Phone: 606-355-0123
- Community Address:
1777 Allen Road
Waynesburg, Kentucky, 40489
- Type(s): Commune (organized around sharing almost everything), Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling)
- Programs & Activities: Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $100
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 30
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes (some debt)
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned renewable energy generation: Almost All, around 90%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: From 50-75%
- Food produced locally: Almost All, around 90%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Vehicle Share, Library, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Swimming pond or pool, Outdoor Kitchen, Tractor & Farm Equipment, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas, Waterfront access, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Not good for most people.
- Shared meals: Approximately all meals
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Yes – we all share a common diet.
- Special Diets OK: No
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used often.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Christian, Jewish
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Fair Housing Laws
This community acknowledges that their listing does not include any potential violations of the Fair Housing Law, or that they do not provide housing. For any questions about this topic please see our Content Policies and contact FIC with any questions or concerns: [email protected].