Asheville, North Carolina, United States
- Last updated: June 25, 2017 (1 second ago)
- Listing created on: May 21, 2013
Togetherness, Unity, Love, Truth, Trust, Hope
We share a common life together based on the teachings of Yahshua, the son of God, actually doing the things that He commanded His disciples to do when He walked on the earth 2000 years ago. And, in a nutshell, what He commanded us to do is to love one another as He loved us. Not only is that a command, but it is deep in our hearts to do this.
Our life is a life of self-sacrifice, where we are continually meeting the needs of those around us. Each of us that live here are fully devoting ALL of our time, energy, and possessions – everything – to seeing the reality of what is in our Creator’s heart come about on the earth.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2005
- Start Living Together: 2006
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.gladheartfarm.org/joomla/
- Business, Project, or Organization: http://www.gladheartfarm.org/joomla/
- Other social: http://twelvetribes.org/
- Contact Name: Zaccai
- Phone: (828) 274-8747
- Community Address:
9 Lora Lane
Asheville, North Carolina, 28803
- Type(s): Commune (organized around sharing almost everything)
- Programs & Activities: Transition Town (post-petroleum and off-grid communities), Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming
- Location: Suburban
- Decision Making: By a board, council, group of elders, or leadership group
- Identified Leader: Yes, multiple identified leaders
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Everyone has a voice and common sense, but we do have a council of elders.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: All or close to all
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
We work six days and keep the Sabbath. We also stop work to gather twice a day.
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Current renewable energy generation: 26-49%
- Energy sources: Biofuel, Well Water and Firewood
- Current food produced: From 50-75%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Large Scale Kitchen
- Shared meals: Approximately all meals
- Dietary Practice: Kosher
- Additional Diet Comments:
We try to eat responsibly grown and limited meat.
Visitors who use tobacco are welcome, but will be asked to do so outside away from our dwellings.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Twelve Tribes
- Education Style(s): Private Schooling at the Community
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
Fair Housing Laws
This community acknowledges that their listing does not include any potential violations of the Fair Housing Law, or that they do not provide housing. For any questions about this topic please see our Content Policies and contact FIC with any questions or concerns: [email protected].
Purpose, Life, Wholeness, Health, Heart, Love, Truth, Trust, Hope