Glacier Circle Community Association
Davis, California, United States
- Last updated: August 23, 2017 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: August 11, 2017
Intentional community of eight units in Davis, CA. Current (founding) members are also founders of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Davis. It is a progressive, liberal group of elders who meet weekly for social/business meetings. Membership includes housing association dues which include 4-5 dinners per week.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2002
- Start Living Together: 2006
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Other social: https://localwiki.org/davis/Glacier_Circle_Senior_Community
- Contact Name: karen klussendorf
- Phone: 530-756-6511
- Community Address:
2358 Glacier Place
Davis, California, 95695
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Programs & Activities: Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association
- Location: Suburban
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and Committees
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $1100
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: No
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Members own their own unit with responsibility to shared community expenses
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Current renewable energy generation: 50-75%
- Energy sources: Solar
- Planned renewable energy generation: 50-75%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Food produced locally: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Library, Large Scale Kitchen
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: Approximately all dinners
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Somewhat – there are some dietary restrictions or customs.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Unitarian Universalist
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)
elder, cohousing, unitarian universalist, liberal, community