Middletown, Connecticut, United States
- Last updated: January 9, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: October 22, 2012
PLEASE NOTE: The earliest we will be potentially seeking a new community member is Spring 2016, and our current third roommate has expressed an interest to stay here for a few years. We are unlikely to have vacancy in the interim. Please contact AriKubie if you’re interested in scheduling a tour and interview.
“I lived in this home for two years and was happy and comfortable from start to finish. The bedroom is spacious, well lit, and comfortable. There is ample storage space in the attic, and plenty of room in the kitchen and bathroom. Dan and Ari are fun, yet responsible, making them easy to live with. The apartment is large enough so you have a sense of privacy. It is not cramped. The house is clean and well-kept. The division of household chores is fair and clearly defined. I found it very easy to keep up with the simple chores and never felt burdened.”
-Stephanie Elliott-Prieto, former roommate
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2007
- Start Living Together: 2008
- Visitors accepted: No
- Open to new Members: Not currently, but there is a list or possibly in the future
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Contact Name: Dan Barry & Ari Kubie
- Community Address:
88 High St.
Middletown, Connecticut, 06457
- Type(s): Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling)
- Location: Suburban
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Housework is formally divided.
Housing is treated as a sublet.
Rent, utilities, and some sundry expenses are required.
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Shared meals: Approximately all dinners
- Dietary Practice: Mostly Vegetarian
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Additional Diet Comments:
We dumpster dive as well.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Buddhist
micro, green, queer, middletown, dumpster dive, thrifty, freegan, child-free, wesleyan, egalitarian,